NEW PROVINCIAL HEALTH GUIDANCE EFFECTIVE MARCH 29, 2021
Dr. Henry issued new provincial health orders effective March 29, 2021 that can be found here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions#low-intensity-group-exercise
At this time, no changes are made to youth sports teams. The restrictions we have been under since February 9, 2021 are still in effect, including:
- Practise and skill development only, no games or scrimmages are permitted. Physical distancing must be maintained at all times. Current minimum distancing is 3 metres when doing an activity, and 2 metres when the participant is off the playing field.
- Softball activity is restricted to team activities, and clinics for skill development. Members of a team may travel to take part in organized softball activities, but are encouraged to return home immediately after the activity.
- Size of gathering is limited to room capacity for indoor facilities, and for outdoor facility use, to a team roster or in the case of a clinic, to 5 sq. metres of space per participant.
- No spectators are permitted
- All screening, attendance tracking and sanitation protocols in the B2B Guidelines are in force
The latest changes are in effect indefinitely and as the situation evolves, we will adjust accordingly. Our commitment to following the guidelines is an important part of ensuring a safe and timely return to sport.
Softball BC – Back to Bases Guidelines
CMSA Return to Play Guidelines
Thank you for your continued support and commitment to keeping the kids on the field!
Your CMSA Executive Team